This is it. This is the post that I was hoping to say I hit my postpartum weight loss goals. My journey started in September when my doctor gave me clearance to start exercising again. I’ve been blogging about my weight loss journey in hopes to encourage you in your wellness journey--wherever that may be. While I haven’t hit my end goal yet, I certainly haven’t lost hope and I have made quite a bit of progress. If you have followed my story, I hope you’ve found it encouraging. I'm so grateful for this community we share to uplift and cheer each other on.
Here are my greatest takeaways from the last three months’ weight loss progress:
- Eat to nourish your body. The next time you eat or drink something, ask yourself, "is this simply providing fuel, or is this food/beverage nourishing the cells in my body." I make it a goal to eat a vegetable at every meal (except breakfast) and most snacks. It’s not always what I want, but I can tell you from experience it’s always what I need. And when I eat vegetables, I feel better, more energized, and more vibrant. The 95/5 guideline is good for me-- Not a hard fast rule, but a great reminder that 95% of my food should nourish my body, and the other 5% can come from healthy treats.